«Development of evidence-based approaches for improving content and management in secondary education and scientific and methodological fundamentals for developing higher education»
Project aim: to develop evidence-based approaches for improving content and management in secondary education and scientific and methodological foundations for developing higher education.
The results of the implementation of the scientific and technical program will include the following:
- determining distinctive features of functional literacy perception and development in the academic environment;
- conducting an analysis of curricula, textbooks to develop functional literacy;
- development of theoretical framework for assessing student reading and mathematical functional literacy in higher education institutions of Kazakhstan
- development of standardized instrument for measuring students’ reading and mathematical functional literacy.;
- development of a methodology for assessing the functional literacy of students in universities;
- development of a prototype of an information system for tertiary student’s functional literacy assessment;
- organising two seminars to discuss the results of the research;
- publication in national and foreign peer-reviewed journals recommended by the CCESS RK or HAC, and (or) in international journals indexed by the international databases Scopus or Web of science (CA) with a non-zero SJR or impact factor.